photo blogban1_zps06115c64.jpg photo blogban2_zps25145b56.jpg photo blogban3_zps43f8c62d.jpg photo blogban4_zpsbe83ebd7.jpg photo blogban5_zps7c892585.jpg photo blogban6_zpsad9ba9e2.jpg

1/28/2015

What I am up to... business and life

I said I would start blogging more this year and so far it's been a bit challenging for me. Those of you who blog know the time it takes to put a quality post together with exceptional photography and interesting content. Then after all the work to post it to an audience they may not even give a rats... you know. Either way I have to remind myself that this blog is for me personally, to release some inner thoughts and to go over things brewing in my head to see if I am really thinking what I'm thinking... ya know... lol. Ok enough of the nonsense. I thought I would share with you today. What's been going on in my life.


My business has been my #1 concern right now as I am looking for things to switch it up, ways to be more creative and productive. One major thing I have decided to do is to start saying no to other money making opportunities that don't relate to my business. Things I always said yes to to get the chunk of cash I needed to get through the slower months of sales. Instead of draining my creative mind with those types of things I am using that to push myself to increase sales and come up with new ideas. It is a very tough choice but I can see that creating more focus does increase sales... maybe not as much as I was making with the other opportunities but I can see that it will improve.

Another thing I am working on with my business is more behind the scenes. The things that no one sees but overall can effect your business greatly. Things like keeping records, tracking sales, expenses, figuring out routines and creating a expenditure plan. I am all official now and I am excited to see tax time end so I can see how everything works out and figure out how to keep better records for the future. The other thing I am working on is a website which I am excited about. The website will be your go to for all Run 2 the Wild things as well as inspiration, a blog with a group of inspiring writers to motivate you and a shop which will carry not only jewels but limited edition work from some of my favorite artists.

I am also working on upping my wholesale game but this isn't any game for me. I want to be sure that any boutique that carries Run 2 the Wild has specific instructions on displays and up keep of the product. We won't be selling small quantities to boutiques anymore but rather they will be required to purchase packages to show off our brand's unique and professional qualities if they wish to carry our brand. We will be offering a catalog in the future so stay tuned.

Last but not least this time of the year I am working hard building inventory back up which is an insane amount of work after the holidays as well as stocking all our packing supplies back up. We have to prepare for spring festivals that will be here soon as well. Also I am super excited to have one of our most exciting spring collections yet that I am working hard on currently. Last but not least I am looking forward to our first intern that will join us in spring and we are hopeful that when fall rolls around we will be hiring help! Craziness right? Yeah it's got me all fluttered inside but that's a good thing.

I also want to say Thank you to all of the lovelies that write me messages and purchase from the shop. Every single purchase helps my business grow. I can't tell you the last time I bought myself a wardrobe... hense the reason for no wild style posts but it's because lately I have been pouring everything into this. So you all mean everything to me and I consider you all part of this.

Now for life... To be honest I couldn't be happier with my very simple life. Not sure if many of you know but we have 1 vehicle, a Volkswagen yellow bug with daisy rims that we share, we live in a small duplex that we own beside my sister and we have been trying to pinch every penny to save for another vehicle. We both have experienced what it is like to have debt and how it is when you have too many bills coming out and not enough cash coming in. So since moving into our home we decided that we would keep it simple and stay away from debt. It's hard sometimes to be stuck at the house when Justin has to work.  A baby who wants to go somewhere and an energetic husky who cries to get out as well but it is nice to not have to worry if the bills will be paid or if we can afford what we need for Juniper.

I couldn't be more thankful for what we have and everyday it makes me happy to have a safe warm place that I can decorate how I please. Once we get through tax time and we see how it effects me and my business we will hopefully be getting another vehicle that we will pay for in cash. I really need a bigger vehicle to carry around my dog and juniper as well as to carry my huge tent and displays for festivals. So this is really my only life dream at the moment besides getting out and meeting new people.

Tonight I get to spend some time with a group of ladies I don't know, book binding, thanks to a good fairly new friend who invited me. I have been praying for god to bring more people into my life that show me new things and give rather than take. I also just want to keep pushing myself out there to meet new people who are creative.

So that will have to wrap it up for now... since my little one just woke up from her nap. :) I would love to hear what you have been up to... leave me a line or two or 3 or whatever... I'll read it all lol





4 comments:

  1. Your life sounds very exciting right now! It will be great to see Run 2 the Wild products in boutiques in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He or she is fun, playful, and mischievous and hopefully you and your puppy will enjoy many future years together, which you can do if you get a few simple steps right at the beginning of your life together. Few people realize the importance of starting a puppy on the right food, for better health and less complications in later life for the dog, yet it is so easy with just six main considerations. Buy SolidWorks 2020 Premium SP1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine you receive an email in the middle of the night while you are asleep. The mail shows that you just made $40 after one of your customers used their debit card to purchase an item from your online store. This online store is available 24/7 and displays over 80 web based solution for business owners. If one would ask: what is the best internet business?" I would say any business that allows 24 hours online access, quality customer service support staff and marketing tools to help your business stand out in your niche. You are about to discover why so many online marketers become successful running their own internet business. Let's look at the features and benefits of running an internet business in today's economy. You will learn, among other things; who are Web Host Resellers, what is involved in the Domain Name industry, the pros and cons of running a Domain Name Reseller Business, and the costs involved in setting up this venture civil 3d cost

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I website possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling wonderful , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck. 먹튀

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love reading comments... drop me a line and a link!