Believe it or not momnesia is a real thing. It's where you forget how to do things that were so easy before after having a baby. I googled postpartum forgetfullness and momnesia was the first thing that popped up. I don't feel so crazy anymore lol.
My creative brain before labor was full of wonderful ideas. I was getting good with my photoshop program, my camera, writing code for my blog, and designing web pieces for my online business. I had plans, goals and to do lists for miles. Now, it's like, not only did I give birth to a newborn but a new brain where I have forgotten something as simple as taking a picture. At least this is how I feel but the proof is in the pudding when I bring those pictures up in photoshop and can't even begin to remember what to do or even how I want them.
I am having to relearn everything and it is making me a bit crazy. I mean I literally started typing this post a dozen times just to figure out what it is that I am trying to say where as before it was as simple as talking. Things that took mindless minutes before are taking hours of brain activity that I don't really even have as a new mother. It's frustrating but I am feeling satisfied to be accomplishing something... anything in the free time I get.
Being a new mother is an awesome wonderful experience and everyday there is something new to learn. Things that I have found to pull me out of momnesia...
1. Patience with taking the time to learn something again is frustrating but patience is what gets a result
2. Vitamins, Healthy food and Water help me stay energized and positive so that I can feel empowered to keep at it.
3. Understanding some days I am going to have to step away, take a breather and focus on what's most important... my baby.
4. Exercising with my baby not only does it give us quality time together and entertains her but wears her out so mommy can spend some time to focus.
5. Giving in by allowing others to help out when they can even if you think you want to be super woman.
Most of all having faith is something I most often forget about. I need to remember that these moments with my little one are moments that can never be relived and need to be cherished. I need to have faith that god is there and he is listening but that I have to let him know.