photo blogban1_zps06115c64.jpg photo blogban2_zps25145b56.jpg photo blogban3_zps43f8c62d.jpg photo blogban4_zpsbe83ebd7.jpg photo blogban5_zps7c892585.jpg photo blogban6_zpsad9ba9e2.jpg

4/23/2013

Waterfalls and Faith








Over the weekend I enjoyed a trip to Cumberland Falls here in Kentucky. I had been here a couple of times before but it was probably the prettiest I had ever seen it. My younger sisters, Justin and the pups had a very peaceful evening enjoying the beautiful mist which captured the light so perfectly and it made me think. 

I have been praying so much lately asking god to take things into his hands and show me the way. I don't go to church and I haven't read the bible. I believe in god and I have faith that he will lead me  in the right direction because he always has for me. I would love to tell you the handful of ways god has answered my prays but I like to keep those events sacred. 

I fully believe that having faith and just talking to god are the only things you need to understand religion. I don't believe that praying about an exam is going to give you an A or that asking god to keep your dog alive is reasonable. I do think that telling god of your situation, feelings and leaving it in his hands can result in miracles. 

I didn't want to discuss this so that we could start an argument over whether god is real or not or if praying helps just wanted to give you a small peek into my beliefs. My religion is not set in stone with a name or rules it's what I believe and what works for me. I think that believing in something is way better that believing in nothing. 

Hope your Tuesday is beautiful!!!

5 comments:

  1. Next time you go, you should check out Eagle Falls! It's one of my favorite waterfalls! It's about a mile hike or something... but it's amazing! It's pretty private. It's like, on the other side of the river from Cumberland, but really close to it! You should definitely check it out next time you're in that area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw that on there little maps and I wanted to go. The only hard part is me getting around... I couldn't believe how out of breath I was with this belly! I will be happy to get the baby out and in better physical shape so I can be more adventurous. I will definitely add eagle falls to the trip next time! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing Courtney, beautiful photos and thoughts. Hope all is well with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em!! :) Hope all is great your way as well!

      Delete
  3. I agree with you and beautiful photos! Waterfalls are amazing, and I really love the forest photos as well!

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love reading comments... drop me a line and a link!