photo blogban1_zps06115c64.jpg photo blogban2_zps25145b56.jpg photo blogban3_zps43f8c62d.jpg photo blogban4_zpsbe83ebd7.jpg photo blogban5_zps7c892585.jpg photo blogban6_zpsad9ba9e2.jpg

3/29/2014

Filling an empty void


Giving ck yes, after much trying to keep it all, and much thrift store shopping, I can see anything I desire can be found when needed.

Lately I have felt a little less passionate about what I do. I wasn't sure why but I guess I have kinda felt like my purpose isn't enough. I am very lucky to be able to do what I do, be healthy and have the help I have had in the past year to do what I love which is create independently. I am not making enough to pay the bills on my own let alone buy anything extra but I still do make a decent profit from selling in my etsy shop and I feel like that is a blessing. So I was thinking and have been thinking for some time now about sharing some of that blessing to a cause that will help others.
Give something to a stranger that might change their life (money, time, or something else even bigger)
I never thought about donating some of my earnings to a non profit because I thought about how I don't even make enough to be totally self sufficient. I have come to the realization that giving is the one thing that not only makes me feel alive but it makes me feel like I do make a difference in the world even if I may not have a lot of things most people have. It's a tiny step toward a direction that is already making me feel purposeful. I am creating a purpose for myself and hopefully a beginning to a foundation for my daughter to give no matter what your situation is.

I really wanted to give to a local non profit but after quite a bit of research and some devastating news within my family I have decided that 10% of all sales in my shop will go to the American Cancer Society. 
https://donate.cancer.org/index?campaign=testb&gclid=CL2Ys9-buL0CFaLm7AodeAgAXA

Cancer is very prevalent in my family. Both my grandparents on my mom side died of it and many of my mom's family have been fighting it. I can only hope that this can be my way of doing something that will make a difference even if it may be small.



No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I love reading comments... drop me a line and a link!