photo blogban1_zps06115c64.jpg photo blogban2_zps25145b56.jpg photo blogban3_zps43f8c62d.jpg photo blogban4_zpsbe83ebd7.jpg photo blogban5_zps7c892585.jpg photo blogban6_zpsad9ba9e2.jpg

8/28/2014

What I learned from my first cleanse






My three day beginners cleanse is over and I couldn't be more thankful. Honestly. I have dark circle around my eyes to prove it! I am not saying I was perfect and diligent but I can say that I understand it's purpose more than I did before. I would do a cleanse again perhaps push myself longer and be sure to prep well before hand.

1. It's not as easy as it looks. OK maybe I come at things with an I can do anything attitude but this one showed me that I could break easily.
2. I eat when I am not hungry. I was never really really hungry it was just my mind leading me to food. I wasn't in pain.
3. I consume way too much food. Food is a pleasurable ritual and I enjoyed every second of it.
4. Food is either a Medicine or a Drug. Your either addicted to what is not good for your body or you prescribe yourself with what helps your body take care of itself.
5. Sometimes you body needs a shock. Doing this cleanse was a shock to my body. period.
6. Your other senses are stronger than you think. Being around smells, sights or ever the texture of food triggered my stomach to twist but as soon as I got away from it I was fine!
7. We spoil ourselves on a everyday basis without ever knowing it. We have easy access to things that weren't so easily available to A LOT of people around the world and throughout history.
8. We are bombarded with food paraphernalia. I couldn't watch tv, or even go get errands done without seeing 3 billion things that told me I needed food or I am hungry. I never noticed it before like I did while on the cleanse.
9. You tend to rethink life when you deprive yourself from physical food. I see how easily I allow myself to have things which are so easily available and than I make myself take them away.... how thought provoking... that's all I can say.
10.


1 comment:

  1. This is really insightful. Your last few points, especially. We can be SO "spoiled" and not even realize it. #firstworldproblems

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? I love reading comments... drop me a line and a link!