photo blogban1_zps06115c64.jpg photo blogban2_zps25145b56.jpg photo blogban3_zps43f8c62d.jpg photo blogban4_zpsbe83ebd7.jpg photo blogban5_zps7c892585.jpg photo blogban6_zpsad9ba9e2.jpg

3/13/2012

Thrifty Tuesdays: Fashion Salvation Under $30



Let's just say the past 5 years of college really messed up my style and fashion sense. In high school I would wear anything and often put together some of the most craziest outfits that left many thinking what the f@&%. I was very creative because in high school I didn't have a budget so I rummaged through the little boys clothes at walmart and used goodwill as my go to. Sale racks were the only thing I ran to in any big box store.


When I started college I realized that comfort was the only thing I was worried about. There was too much to think about and my creativeness was being spent on any project for school. I just didn't have any time so my outfit reflected that.


 It's has almost been a year now that I have been out of college and I finally feel like I can take the time to find myself again and regain that fashionista inside of me. So here we go. I am hoping that blogging will help and with just one post I already feel liberated.




Before I tackled it... I needed some confidence. These wedges helped. I purchased the pair at TJ Max for about 35 dollars. A high price but I wanted to splurge a little.

I am a picture kind of girl but does that mean I like pictures of me... not really. I will pick myself apart before I give myself a chance to see the beauty in my flaws. So I did a few self shots with my camera for a warm up and got comfortable. When I feel ugly I over edit. Don't ask me why but it seems to help me get past my issues I tend to edit less and less and embrace the flaws.
So here was the Challenge. We made a trip to salvation army and had to get a summer outfit for under thirty dollars. My little sister definitely shocked me and came in at 27 dollars with a little over 3 complete outfits. IT WAS HER FIRST TIME AT SALVATION ARMY TOO! ugghh... she kills me with her creativeness lol but I will get over it.
This was just one of her outfits. Besides the shoes this outfit was under 10 dollars. Yup that's it!
We literally did a two girl fashion shoot. If you have never done a fun photo shoot.... you need to. All you need to do is play dress up and grab a tripod or someone to take lots of silly shots. We took so many and almost half of them were scary lol like the one above. Bad angles, shadows and my face... yikes. The great part is laughing at them in the end. That is really the best part.
I call this senorita bonita. Ha ha... but your bound to take a couple really good shots if you take 5 million right? ;) exaggerating a bit.
This little jumper was 4 dollars!! The little cover up was made from a large doily that cost me $1!
Five dollar outfit! I ended up spending about 30 dollars and got a lot of pieces that I plan on altering. Check it out in Thursday's post!



So from all of this I hope to inspire you to release the fashionista inside of you and go thrifting, get creative, be yourself, and have a fun fashion shoot. No one has to see. Trust me it will reveal a side of you that has been dying to come out and celebrate YOU!


 BE SURE TO CHECK BACK THURSDAY TO SEE HOW I TURN THIS PAIR OF 80'S SWIMMING TRUNKS INTO A FUN FLIRTY SUMMER PIECE.
 AND CHECK THE POST ABOUT THE GIVEAWAY FOR THIS DREAM CATCHER FIND IT HERE... GIVEAWAY:DREAMCATCHER



ONE LAST THING IS I WANT TO THANK MY LITTLE SISTER FOR HAVING SOME FUN WITH ME THIS WEEKEND... WHEN IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE'S SCHEDULE IS SOO BUSY.



I LOVE COMMENTS :)

SO WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THIS POST? HOW DO YOU SHOW YOUR STYLE? WHAT'S IS YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO THRIFT? WHAT'S YOU ALL TIME FAVORITE ITEM YOU HAVE THRIFTED?

<3 little red feather


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I love reading comments... drop me a line and a link!