photo blogban1_zps06115c64.jpg photo blogban2_zps25145b56.jpg photo blogban3_zps43f8c62d.jpg photo blogban4_zpsbe83ebd7.jpg photo blogban5_zps7c892585.jpg photo blogban6_zpsad9ba9e2.jpg

4/03/2012

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Salad Sandwich

My grandma was the best cook ever she is really the one who formed my taste buds as a kid. She would always have breakfast lunch and dinner with perfect portions of everything you needed or wanted in a meal. We loved being at her house because we knew she was going to feed us with good fresh home cooked meals. I have been thinking about her sooo much lately. 

She is in a nursing home now and hardly remembers things we use to do. If you remind her she gets a terrible sad look on her face. It is one of the hardest things to deal with besides death because your losing a person slowly. 

So because of her I know or at least remember some of the good things she made us and it is because of her that I know what makes up a real meal. So I thought I would share with you one of the meals that remind me of her. 

Chicken Salad Sandwiches 

Not much of a meal but a great lunch or traveling meal. My grandma would have these ready if she knew all the family were going to be around and hungry. When we went on camping trips this was one of her meals for us :)


So to start here are the ingredients you will need...

  1. chicken breast (2). I used frozen, baked for 40 minutes with half of a lemons juice and covered in foil. When it was done I shredded it it into small pieces.
  2. Celery. I diced it into small chunks about 2 stalks or one cup
  3. 2 boiled eggs. I removed the shell and yolk and diced into small pieces.
  4. 1 cup Miracle Whip
  5. 1/2 lemon
  6. croissants or whole grain bread is really good!



Now for the easy part put all your prepared ingredients in a bowl and mix!

I squeezed half of a lemons juice into a small bowl, removed the seed and added it to the mixture. This really adds a zing to your salad... I like a lot of zing!



Time for the croissants... I bought these ready made at kroger and sliced them in half.
Wallaaa a yummy lunch or picnic sandwich! I wish I had some more left. The buttery crossiant really just made me melt!

Hope you enjoyed this tasty post... Do you add anything else to your chicken salad? Whats a favorite recipe of yours?

missing my gram :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I love reading comments... drop me a line and a link!