Almost 1 month till summer. It seems like everyone is already saying summer is here but I'm still stuck in spring. Summer just goes by too quickly and for me summer will be the beginning to a whole new life which scares me a little. I am super excited just trying to cherish the last pages to this one before it's over for good. I'm tearing up at the thought...
Let me get on with the post before the tears start flowing. I wanted to update you on my Spring Bucket List with some photos from plant pressing. I have to say I am pretty proud of myself for sticking with it and attempting something I have never tried. Plant pressing is a lot more difficult than it seems.
You definitely win some and you lose some. Things I have learned along the way.
- It's almost impossible to press anything that has a think bulb to it.
- You have to press your specimens right after you pick them.
- You have to be very careful to lay it between the pages so that nothing gets folded
- Tiny flowers literally disappear
- Colors change
- Flowers you wouldn't think would press nicely will press better than ones you thought would press great
So I only have a handful of flowers that I really love but it's a start! Still wondering if I should find a new journal that is spiral to glue them into so they don't fall out and maybe label it on one page as flowers from spring 2013.
I don't know... any other ideas???